Belgium - Moldova: agreement on social security - general information
You are leaving Belgium and are going to live in Moldova or you are leaving Moldova and are going to live in Belgium.
Before leaving, you have to inquire of the competent institutions what formalities you should accomplish in order to preserve your social security benefits or in order to receive social security benefits.
Belgium has concluded a bilateral agreement on social security with Moldova. This agreement may apply to your own situation, the situation of your family members and the situation of your survivors.
The agreement between Belgium and Moldova regulates the applicability of the social security legislations of Belgium and Moldova. The agreement between Belgium and Moldova applies to employed persons.
Besides a number of exceptions that are mentioned in the agreement, such as in the case of posting, the Argentinian social security legislation will apply to you if you work in Moldova.
Besides a number of exceptions that are mentioned in the agreement, such as in the case of posting, the social security legislation of Belgium will apply to you if you work in Belgium.
However, you should know that the agreement only applies under certain conditions:
- In principle, you have to be on the territory of Belgium or Moldova.
- You have to be or have been subject to the Moldovian or the Belgian legislation.
The agreement between Belgium and Moldova guarantees that :
- you will have the same rights and obligations in the country where you work as an employed citizen of this country;
- periods of activity in both countries will be taken into account for the entitlement to social security benefits;
- you will be able, under certain conditions, to receive social security benefits from your country of origin when you live in the other country;
- your periods of activity in both countries will be totalised for your entitlement to social security benefits and for the calculation of the amount of these benefits, e.g. for the retirement pensions.
The agreement between Belgium and Moldova contains detailed rules of application for the granting of the social security benefits. The agreement between Belgium and Moldova bears on the following benefits:
- invalidity benefits
- retirement pensions
- survivor's pensions
- labor accidents and professional disease
You will find more information on "find information", by selecting the criteria that apply to your situation.